Why, yes, at some point in my 46 years, I have worn every single one of these fashion mistakes, and hope that they never come back into fashion! If you’ve lived through the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, I’m sure you’ve endured these fashions as well.
Pictured above is me, on my eighth birthday in 1977, with a version of the Dorothy Hamill haircut. I was a horse crazy girl, and my mom cut that horse for me out from a sheet of chocolate. I loved that cake!
The bowl haircut definitely is on my list of fashion faux pas, along with:
1. Bell bottoms (Boot cut, yes; bell bottoms, NO!)
2. Super skinny jeans with zippers at the ankle, worn with high heels and lacy bobby socks
3. Acid washed denim
Hairstyles are always fun to look at. My fine, blond hair needed a perm to be big, and even then it was hard to plump! I’m a freshman in college up above in 1987, and that was about as big as I could make my hair.
4. Farrah Fawcett feathered hair
5. Dorothy Hamill bowl cut (although her updated version is pretty cute!)
6. Working Girl big hair plastered with AquaNet
7. Long, pointy collars
8. Tight halter tops with itchy elastic from chest to waist
9. Skinny ribbons tied with bows at the neck
10. Freakishly large bug-eye glasses (see my college picture up above!)
Yes, we survived all these bad fashion statements. I wonder what our kids will think is fashionable in the next 20 years? You can be sure there will be plenty of pictures of their fashion faux pas! What fashions do you hope will never come back?
For more Tuesday Ten fashions, visit The Golden Spoons by clicking on the button below!