Today is Groundhog Day. He saw his shadow…six more weeks of winter…BOO!
Today is also my birthday. Should I write 40 things about turning 40? Let’s see…
- My first class of second graders will be turning 26 years old this year.
- Some of those kids probably have kids the same age as my kids (or older…eek!)
- I’ll be thirteen years cancer-free this year. Is that good luck or bad?
- I get the feeling I’m doing things backwards. Isn’t cancer supposed to come last?
- I got married on Columbus’ birthday when I was 33. I thought that was old.
- I was 35 when I had my first baby, the same age my mom was when she had her last baby.
- I was 38 when Emmy was born. My obstetrician said he admired me. He is the same age I am, and couldn’t imagine having the energy to run after a 2 year-old while 8 months pregnant. Dude, don’t you get up at all hours of the night to deliver babies?
- I’m 40 and just used the word “dude.” Scary.
- I caught myself reading More Magazine at the doctor’s office. I was enjoying it. Scary.
- I pulled an all-nighter last night. Emmy has an ear infection and didn’t want to lie down in her crib. Were all-nighters more fun in college?
- I’m 40. I really don’t have the
creativity energydesire to write 29 more things about turning 40. Wait, shouldn’t I write something about reaching my sexual peak? …And this is why I’m ending my list.
Written as part of abtpbt’s Listlessness Mondays. For more lists, check her out!