I’ve been tagged not once, but twice! I’m going to skip the tagging part of the rules, only because I’m lazy. If you want to join in the fun, consider yourself tagged! I’d love to read what you write.
The first meme requires me to write six random things about myself. I was tagged by a wonderful writer, Eliz, over at Tink’s Mom. Every time I tried to think of six random things in the past couple of weeks, I had no idea what to write! So here’s six random things, written off the cuff. Let’s see what I can come up with.
- My parents lived in Nebraska, but I was born in Iowa. The closest hospital to their small rural town was across the border.
- My earliest memory is of my grandfather’s shoes. When we were moving from Nebraska to Iowa, we stopped at a hotel for the night. I was running down the sidewalk, barefoot, waving to my dad who was pulling the moving truck into the parking lot. I saw my grandfather’s shoes as he picked me up from behind, but he was too late. A huge bumblebee stung my toe. My grandpa had seen it dive bombing, heading straight for me, just like a cartoon. Yikes, that stung!
- I hate watermelon. I try a little bite every summer. It looks so juicy and red, tantalizingly sweet, but I hate the taste every time. Lily LOVES watermelon, so I’m a good mom and give her all my watermelon. Ah, the sacrifices I’m willing to make for my sweet Lily!
- All the actors I fantasized about when I was young look really, really old. And they are fat, too. It’s depressing. And the movies these days? Way too violent. Where are the romantic movies with the handsome men? (No boys, please.) I need to watch more old movies with Cary Grant. This really isn’t a random fact about me, is it? But you can’t deny that it’s random!
- I have the best ideas for my blog in the shower. It’s all gone by the time I dry myself off and get to the computer.
- I like to think I have a green thumb like my mom, but I really don’t know much about plants. Or keeping them alive.
The rules for six random things:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (Remember, I’m skipping this part, but you don’t have to! Just look at my blogroll for some wonderful blogs!)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.(Again, skipping this part!)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Next, awesome SAHM Swoozie over at Mommy Kingdom tagged me for this meme:
**8 Things I’m Looking Forward To**
- The new Star Trek movie
- Riding bicycles with my girls
- Many more happy years being married to Ed
- Spending time in our yard this summer
- Teaching again someday
- Our big family reunion in Colorado in 2010
- Losing weight (Yes, it will happen…someday!)
- Buying new clothes because of said weight loss!
**8 Things I Did Yesterday**
- Got myself showered, fed the girls breakfast, the three of us dressed and out the door by nine o’clock.
- Took Lily to preschool, and then went to a fun parent and child class with Emmy.
- Stopped at the bookstore during the 45 minutes left to pick up Lily. Bought a confirmation card for my lovely first cousin once removed, Jane. Bought myself a chai latte, Emmy an orange juice, and each of us a ridiculously large cookie.
- After lunch, took Lily to her cooking class for 4 year olds, and played with Emmy at the park.
- Washed the dishes: breakfast, lunch and dinner. My dishwasher crapped out on me. Again.
- Picked up the living room floor. I know, my life is exciting, isn’t it?
- Made Old Standby Hamburger and Rice Hot Dish for dinner. Our vegetable was cauliflower cheese. Yum!
- Watched CSI because it had Star Trek references in it, and went to bed.
**8 Things I Wish I Could Do**
- Play the piano. Again. I have completely forgotten how after many, many years of lessons.
- Speak German. Again. Yes, I spent many years of my education in German classes, and I am definitely not bilingual.
- Draw. Never could.
- Sing a solo in church without my voice trembling.
- Sew clothes for my children. Or curtains for my windows.
- Knit. I don’t think I have the patience!
- Play the oboe.
- Write worth a darn.
**8 Shows I Watch on TV**
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Three and a Half Men
Rules of Engagement
Sid the Science Kid or other PBS shows with my girls
**8 People I Tag**
I tag YOU!