Shari is one of my BFFs (Blog Frog Friends) and she is such a great friend to have! She is my last guest blogger for the month of June. Take it away, Shari!
Summer is here and the kids are home for those long lazy days of fun, sleeping in and later nights. Wouldn’t it be great to be a kid again?! I love to have my kids home during the Summer, but it doesn’t take long before the “I’m bored” words come rolling off there tongues and into my ears! So be sure to PLAN some fun and be prepared!
I am a total believer in letting our kids be “bored”. I think it is an opportunity for them to be using their brains to find something to do other than sit in front of the TV or Computer or Game Consoles. Yet even kids need some ideas for fun.
Use this little list to get your brain thinking of those lazy days and write them out:
- What do your kids “like” to do?
- What do they “hate” to do? – I mean, why waste your time with things they hate!
- What would you like to see them accomplish this summer? — It’s ok to have some goals in the Summer – My kids are going to learn meal planning and then shop for that meal.
- How late will you let them stay up?
- How late will you let them sleep in?
- How many sleepovers will they be allowed to do in one week?
- What chores will be expected now that the kids have more time on their hands? – This can be fun! Mine are going to cook!
- What Vacation Bible Schools are in your area? These are a BLAST for kids to attend and frees you up a little. 🙂
- If you have little ones at home, make sure you are realistic about how many times a week you can be out of the house or have company over without over exhausting them.
So now that you have the framework of the important stuff…because of course our house still needs to run smoothly..start making a list of fun stuff to do! YAY! The “I’m bored” list.
I have a couple of FREE resources for you to get you started:
Kathy Peels Family Manager free downloads: Hundreds of fun ideas!!
Make Summer Count Activity Calendar: Over 60 Activities to help you impart spiritual truths over the Summer.
Well, these are just a few ideas to get you started. Hope you have a great and awesome time with your kids or grandkids this summer!!
Shari Lynne blogs at Faith Filled Food for Moms and Grandmothers about living a faith-filled life. She writes, “May Faith Filled Food For Moms be a daily resting place where you find the ‘Food’ you need to be the best you can be. Let’s encourage one another and build each other up!”
Thank you, Shari, for being my guest today!