Some days, things just don’t go quite the way I want them too. Nothing horribly wrong has happened. But there’s a writing project that isn’t the way I wanted it to be. There’s an unfinished quilt that I want keep sewing and today I have to work. I lost a Facebook “like” on my fan page. At choir rehearsal, the music was tricky; reading the notes didn’t come as naturally as usual. A piece, which was thought to be a trio, is really a trio with a soloist who is quite demanding.
Nothing horrible, yet just not quite right.
And so I need a little comfort. Five things that bring me comfort…
5. Chocolate. There’s nothing like a little leftover Halloween candy to end the day.
4. A cup of hot tea. I really do read too many books that take place in England. Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, anyone? I’m just too tired to put water in the kettle right now.
3. Pajama pants. I really need to go put some on. Why wear tight, restricting jeans when you can wear comfy flannel pants with an elastic waist? They are especially comfy after consuming chocolate.
2. Talking to my husband; but he’s asleep as I type this late at night. I stay up late writing for NaBloPoMo, he goes to bed early so he can get up at 5:00 a.m. for work.
1. My pillow. As unsettling as today was, a good night’s sleep will be bliss.
What brings you comfort?