Then and Now: 2003 to 2013

Ed and I were newlyweds ten years ago. Ten years seems like such a long time; we’ve been married for a whole decade. And yet those years have passed by quickly at the same time. How can that be?

Ten years ago we lived in a condo and we were wondering if I would be able to have children after all my past health issues.

Now we live in a typical split-level suburban house cluttered with little girls’ dolls and stuffed animals and socks.

honeymoon

Climbing Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica on our honeymoon, ten years ago

The two of us surrounded by family, building snowmen in Iowa

The two of us surrounded by family, building snowmen in Iowa

These ten years have been good to us.

Mama’s Losin’ It

I’m writing about “5.) Find a photo of yourself taken 10 years ago and display it on your blog along with a current photo. How have you changed since the day that photo was taken?” for Writer’s Workshop today.

27 Responses to Then and Now: 2003 to 2013

1. Mai Bateson says:

Hi Ginny Marie! This is Mai at the Happy Wives Club and Fawn wanted to make sure you saw the note that our Thursday link up party has now moved to Marriage Mondays – beginning today. We want to get all our favorite married bloggers linking up every Monday so we hope you’ll join us.
    My recent post You’re Invited to Marriage Mondays {Link Up}

2. Bee says:

Happy Anniversary!!! One thing I see in both pics is that the love and enjoyment of each other's company are still there. :)
    My recent post Friday Fragments: January 4-11, 2013

3. TheJackB says:

Happy Anniversary, have to agree with the others you look the same to me– ten years, shmen years.

4. Oh my gosh! How cute are you guys?!
    My recent post The few, the proud, the vampire hecklers.

5. Congratulations!~…but seriously…NEITHER OF YOU HAVE CHANGED A BIT!!! I want your secret!! Love both of your pictures!!
    My recent post I Will Cut You If You Bother Me While HotSean! Is On T.V.

6. Fawn Weaver says:

Great pics, Ginny!

7. paulakiger says:

Awesome! Congratulations – you are right about the odd tricks time plays!
    My recent post From Magic Mike To The Bottom of The Barrel: My 2012 Favorites (A Mama Kat Prompt)

8. Congratulations! Here's to another 10 happy years!
    My recent post Macaroni and Cheese

9. Love those two pictures. You look equally at home in the warm and cold. I don't do cold well. You look like those 10 years have been good for you.
    My recent post A Photo is Worth 3,650 days.

10. Love it!

Thanks for introducing me to the workshop!

11. gretchen says:

You guys look exactly the same! Do you have a portrait hidden in your attic?
    My recent post Photogenic

Happy Anniversary! 10 years haven't changed your looks at all. You must be very happy…..

13. Mama Melch says:

What a difference 10 years makes! The perspective of a decade is amazingly kind in hindsight for me personally, and it is nice to know someone else has had such a complete change too. :-)
    My recent post That Girl vs. This Girl

14. Ed says:

I understand the dolls and stuffed animals…it's the socks I just don't get!

15. Julie Moore says:

Happy Anniversary! :) My hubby and I will be married 13 years in May! Time sure does fly! I agree with Mara – you all look about the same! Hubby and I look different, I think (him more than me).

16. Mara says:

Ten years already! You haven't changed that much in those ten years.
    My recent post Wrong!