The Family Apple Tree {Spin Cycle}

Lily contemplating her Aunt Heather's art.

Lily contemplating her Aunt Heather’s art.

Lily has always loved creating art. My sisters helped cultivate her love of art; they gave her a pair of safety scissors before she was three, finger paint, and Lily’s favorite art supply: tape.

When Lily was five years old, she painted a picture that she modeled after her Aunt Heather’s paintings. She called it “Swirly Swirly.”

h and l paintings

Heather’s painting on the left, Lily’s painting on the right

My little Emmy has been singing and dancing since she could walk. When she was about two years old, Emmy’s cousin taught her Our Song by Taylor Swift.

… on your window
When we’re on the phone and you talk real slow
’cause it’s late and your mama don’t know

The first date: “Man, I didn’t kiss her, and I should have”
And when I got home … ‘fore I said amen
Asking God if he could play it again

The apples don’t fall far from the trees; Lily and Emmy’s aunts are art and music professors. Das liegt in der Familie!

Second Blooming

12 Responses to The Family Apple Tree {Spin Cycle}

1. AJ Cattapan says:

The artwork and singing are both "wunderbar"! :)

My recent post Monday Book Review: Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

2. Dawn says:

Great job on your painting Lily :) You did an awesome job. Emmy, your singing is awesome too! Both of your girls are quite talented.
    My recent post Crazy Hair Day

3. aDaddyBlog says:

Dropping by from "One Mommy's" Google + recommendation (https://plus.google.com/109518161300563409636/posts). A pleasure to meet you! Hope you have a super weekend. ~Michael
    My recent post Mr. Rogers on Scary Things in the News

4. Fauzi says:

Wow Ginny your kids are so creative and talented. Emmy's singing is so adorable.
    My recent post Revamp an Old Vase

5. Female in Motion says:

Wow, you and your family are so creative! Love of the arts runs deep in mine, as well. Thanks for being a constant source of encouragement and blogger love to me. Hugs! Happy Friday!
    My recent post Come and Dine: Sharing What You Have

6. OneMommy says:

Sounds like your daughters have great aunts! It must lie in the family, like you said! :)
    My recent post Train Activities for The Little Red Caboose

7. dishofdailylife says:

Wow – some talent in your family! Emmy singing is adorable. I wish I'd gotten more of those moments on videotape!
    My recent post 5 Easy Tips to Build Strong Social Media Relationships

8. maxdbear says:

So cute! How fun to have such talent in your children and sisters, and I know you have talent too.

9. Bee says:

So cool! Their aunts sound awesome and talented!
    My recent post Book Review: The Things They Carried

10. writermomangela says:

Thanks for linking up to the Ladies Only Blog Share! Your family has some serious art skills!

11. LisaAndAshley says:

First of all, your sister is an amazing artist!
    Secondly, I am super impressed with Lily's painting…she has some serious art skills! :)
    And oh my Gosh, could sweet Emmy be more adorable in that video??!! I don't think so!-Ashley
    My recent post Pinterest Nightmare #257: It’s Not Garbage, It’s Upcycled!

12. gretchen says:

SO sweet! The aunties must be so proud!!

You are linked!