This week, lists are appearing on Facebook. People are writing “Things you may not know about me,” and then if you “like” their list, they will give you a number for your list.
I was reading a lot of great lists, but I wasn’t “liking” them because I didn’t want a number! Finally I gave in, and my cousin gave me the number 7. I needed a blog post for today, after all!
Things you may not know about me:
1. I was born in Iowa but never lived there.
2. I can’t stand the taste, texture or smell of watermelon.
3. I avoid saying certain words because I can see then in my head, but am afraid I’ll mispronounce them and then SOMEONE will make fun of me. Usually a family member.
4. I hate getting my hair cut because then I have to stare in the mirror at the dark undereye circles I inheirited from my mom.
5. I always wanted more children, but had a really hard time recovering from my last c-section. (I had to have c-sections due to a previous surgery.)
6. I first read The Lord of the Rings in 5/6th grade and have reread it often. (I remember reading it on our old green double recliner. When we moved to the suburbs, we left that green recliner behind.)
7. My very first job was delivering the weekly advertising paper house to house in the small town where I grew up. Yes, it was a small town, but my sister and I had to deliver those papers to every single house. It was a tough first job!
What’s something I don’t know about you?