What a Wonderful Time {Spin Cycle}

It took less than five minutes for Emmy to tip-toe out of her room after I had put her to bed. “I can’t sleep!” she exclaimed.

“You’ve barely tried,” I told her as I put her back in bed.

“I want it to be Christmas tomorrow!”

I love seeing her excitement over the days to come. She is so cute, and she makes me remember how excited I was as a kid, counting the days down to Christmas.

There are so many things I love about this season.

I love seeing my daughters decorate the Christmas tree.

I love the lights shining in the snow.

I love hearing the Salvation Army volunteer ring the bell.

I love shopping for presents.

Yes, I even love the Christmas music at the mall. (As long as it’s December, I enjoy listening!)

In just a couple of weeks, I’ll be tired of the Christmas tree hogging the living room, and it will be time to put it away.

There will be no more Christmas music at the mall, and our neighbors will take down their lights that shine in the snow. The torn wrapping paper and ribbons will be thrown away.

All the wonderful things that “make the season bright” will be gone…except for the most important gift.

Jesus, the gift of Christmas, will still be with us.

IMG_3013

What do you think? Is it the most wonderful time of the year? Link up below or over at Second Blooming! Your blog post will be linked on both our blogs!

Second Blooming

Link your Most Wonderful Time blog posts here!

12 Responses to What a Wonderful Time {Spin Cycle}

1. Becca says:

I always love this time of year because I get to see my family! I wish I got to see them more often!
    Becca recently posted…3-in 1 Gummy Vitamin for Adults – ReviewMy Profile

2. I loved that excitement as a kid as well. All I had to say to my little brother was “Guess what, only X more days till Christmas,” and he’d start screaming and jumping up and down. My mother hated how I got him all excited. :)
    Angelina Costenaro recently posted…The Most Wonderful Day of the Year!My Profile

3. Gretchen says:

Thank you for remembering the Christ in Christmas! Last night was Jude’s school Christmas pageant, and listening to all those sweet little children sing songs about Jesus made me a weepy hormonal woman mess. The 1st and 2nd graders sang this – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBSZJ8CYUEs , and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house.

And thank you for being my Spin Cycle partner! I couldn’t ask for better! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Gretchen recently posted…Spin Cycle: The ClickMy Profile

What a lovely post……..Jesus is the reason for the season!
    debby9972 recently posted…WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGEMy Profile

5. It’s definitely one of the most wonderful times of the year! I really love spring/summer when Des, Scarlet and then I have our birthdays.
    tamaralikecamera recently posted…Can I Really Do This?My Profile

6. janicead says:

Well, fudge. I look like a complete Sr. Citizen idiot nerd with all these posts. It said it could not post the first as there was no backlink so I gave a backlink. It posted twice. Oh, well, that is what old folks do, repeat themselves : )
    janicead recently posted…It Is The Most Wonderful Time Of The YearMy Profile

7. janicead says:

Love your post about the excitement of the girls. Completely agree with what lingers. I have a penguin nativity with the baby on the mom’s feet. Merry Christmas and thanks for accepting a senior citizen into you circle of bloggers.
    janicead recently posted…It Is The Most Wonderful Time Of The YearMy Profile

8. janicead says:

Loved your post. My feelings, exactly. And I have a penguin nativity : ). Merry Christmas, Ginny Marie. Thanks for allowing a senior citizen into your circle of bloggers.

9. That was a wonderful post! I love to see my kids still get excited for Christmas. My youngest, 16, is still really like that. I hope he never grows out of it!
    Kristina Walters @ Kris On Fitness recently posted…It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year…My SpinMy Profile

10. Totally think it is the most wonderful time of the year and I happen to love every crazy moment of it and wouldn’t change it for the world!! :)
    Janine Huldie recently posted…Last Minute Stocking Stuffers from ShopletMy Profile