January 21st is National Squirrel Appreciation Day.
I know. I can’t believe, either! In honor of squirrels, today’s Tuesday Ten is all about distractions!
10. Squirrels distract me. Yes, they really do. My yard is full of trees and therefore also full of squirrels. They are really fun to watch! I also like to talk to squirrels. Yes, I do. You’ll see an example of me talking to Little Squirrel in the video below:
Watch video here.
9. Ice cream. Late at night, everyone else is in bed except for me. I’m sitting on the couch, reading a good book, and then I think about having a bowl of ice cream. I won’t be able to concentrate on my book until I get up and get that delicious, creamy bowlful! Vanilla is my favorite.
8. My garden. My back yard is covered with snow right now, and it’s very distracting. I stare out the kitchen window, daydreaming about the flower garden I want to plant this spring. This fall, we had our old willow tree cut down, and we have a large bare space to fill. I promised Lily and Emmy we would plant a butterfly garden in that bare space. I think we also need a bench and a birdbath. Don’t you?
7. Big trucks. When I hear a large truck rumbling outside my window, I wonder if it’s the delivery man with a package for me! Usually it is not.
6. Snow. When snow starts falling, I run to the window just like a classroom full of 20 second graders.
5. Twitter. Sometimes I get sucked in. Sometimes I don’t.
4. TV. Right now I’m hooked on watching Breaking In with Christian Slater on Crackle. I mean, c’mon. Christian Slater. Very distracting.
3. Facebook. I don’t know why I check it every 5 minutes. You people are not that interesting.
2. Email. Same thing…why every 5 minutes? It’s an illness I have.
1. A good book. Once I get caught up in a good book, I’m useless. Right now I’m reading The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye. It’s about the beginnings of the police department in New York City, and it’s so interesting! I’m going to publish this post and go read!
What distracts you?