Ten things that distract me

Squirrel Day

January 21st is National Squirrel Appreciation Day.

I know. I can’t believe, either! In honor of squirrels, today’s Tuesday Ten is all about distractions!

10. Squirrels distract me. Yes, they really do. My yard is full of trees and therefore also full of squirrels. They are really fun to watch! I also like to talk to squirrels. Yes, I do. You’ll see an example of me talking to Little Squirrel in the video below:

Watch video here.

9. Ice cream. Late at night, everyone else is in bed except for me. I’m sitting on the couch, reading a good book, and then I think about having a bowl of ice cream. I won’t be able to concentrate on my book until I get up and get that delicious, creamy bowlful! Vanilla is my favorite.

8. My garden. My back yard is covered with snow right now, and it’s very distracting. I stare out the kitchen window, daydreaming about the flower garden I want to plant this spring. This fall, we had our old willow tree cut down, and we have a large bare space to fill. I promised Lily and Emmy we would plant a butterfly garden in that bare space. I think we also need a bench and a birdbath. Don’t you?

7. Big trucks. When I hear a large truck rumbling outside my window, I wonder if it’s the delivery man with a package for me! Usually it is not.

6. Snow. When snow starts falling, I run to the window just like a classroom full of 20 second graders.

5. Twitter. Sometimes I get sucked in. Sometimes I don’t.

4. TV. Right now I’m hooked on watching Breaking In with Christian Slater on Crackle. I mean, c’mon. Christian Slater. Very distracting.

3. Facebook. I don’t know why I check it every 5 minutes. You people are not that interesting.

2. Email. Same thing…why every 5 minutes? It’s an illness I have.

1. A good book. Once I get caught up in a good book, I’m useless. Right now I’m reading The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye. It’s about the beginnings of the police department in New York City, and it’s so interesting! I’m going to publish this post and go read!

What distracts you?

Tuesday Ten is hosted by Lisa from The Golden Spoons and Rabia from The Liebers. Visit their blogs for more Tuesday Ten!

Tuesday Ten

26 Responses to Ten things that distract me

1. Jenn Rian says:

Okay, so I had all these things that I wanted to say about squirrels and ice cream and then I got to #3 and was totally distracted!
    “You people are not that interesting.” < I think that may be my most favorite thing that I have ever read! hahahahaha :)
    Jenn Rian recently posted…TV Show Dream RolesMy Profile

2. Ugochi says:

Very funny GinnyMarie! emails for sure! I always want to see who sent what and what was sent…
    Ugochi recently posted…Selling Your Spouse Short To Your ChildMy Profile

3. Gracielle says:

LOL at Facebook and email distractions. So true! I love getting distracted by a good book or a good TV show. My number one distraction is my cute dog Coconut. Anytime I see him I stop to cuddle with him and pet him!
    Gracielle recently posted…{Wordless Wednesdays} WhiteMy Profile

Well Facebook and emails suck me in for sure.
    Love the video, what a sweet squirrel.
    debby9972 recently posted…THIRTY FIVEMy Profile

5. Herchel S says:

I don’t know what it is about Facebook or my email either. It’s a sickness. I like to watch squirrels chasing each other on my fence. Sometimes they fall.
    Herchel S recently posted…You should be thankful…My Profile

6. Kim says:

A good book definitely – I have to force myself not to pick books up during the day if I have other stuff to do!!! I try to be more up on FB and twitter but I rarely even think about it.
    Kim recently posted…Do Clothes “Make” Us?My Profile

7. Krissy P says:

I totally forgot about the UPS truck! I’m like a kid who hears the ice cream man. I dart from the room and listen to see if he stops outside, if his footsteps go up the drive…! The anticipation. Great list.
    Krissy P recently posted…No Whites Allowed – An MLK Day TragedyMy Profile

8. I’m with you on the social media. That is very distracting to me!
    Kristina Walters @ Kris On Fitness recently posted…Half Marathon Training Recap – Week 1My Profile

9. Great list…noticing that a lot of us have included Facebook, email, tv and/or books. :)
    Teresa Kander recently posted…Tuesday Ten—Things That Distract MeMy Profile

10. I love your video of Little Squirrel. Perfect on this a day to appreciate them. I don’t, however, love and appreciate the distractions they cause. :) So so many! And snow? I live in Western New York and we’ve been bombarded with the white stuff this year. Over the years, I’ve learned to appreciate its beauty but not be distracted my it … otherwise from November-March I’d never get anything done. :)
    Marcia @ Blogitudes recently posted…Tuesday Ten – Ten Things That Distract MeMy Profile

11. Ugh – the Facebook and email thing. Remember the days when we checked email once or twice a day, tops? I kinda miss it. I kinda don’t.
    And ice cream distracts me. It’s either that or popcorn when I’m watching TV at night. I’ll fixate until I get my fix. (not every night, but at least twice a week)
    The video is hilarious. “Yeah, I’m talking to you.”
    tamaralikecamera recently posted…This Is My Life.My Profile

12. Same here for Facebook and email! WE don’t get much snow, but that would distract me too! (In fact, my to-do list just got chopped because my kids are getting out of school 2 hours early because it MIGHT snow this afternoon!) thanks for linking up again!
    Lisa @ The Golden Spoons recently posted…Tuesday Ten Linkup – Ten Things That Distract MeMy Profile

13. I love your list!! I get so mad at myself for being on Facebook so much. You’re right: it ain’t that interesting!! LOL!! Thanks for linking up! Hope you can stay on task today!
    Rabia @TheLiebers recently posted…#TuesdayTen: Things That Distract Me…Squirrel! {LinkUp}My Profile