It’s time for Tuesday Ten! This week, the Ten is all about Super Powers. What superpowers would I choose to have?
10. Turn Back Time. I don’t want to change the future or do anything rash, but as Cher sings, “If I could turn back time…I’d take back those words that have hurt you.” I’d like to take back hurtful words I said when I spoke without thinking.
9. Add more hours to the day. Because really, I need them. How else will I read a book, write a blog post, finish my quilt, play with my children and save the world? I need more time!
8. Mary Poppins magic. I’ll just snap my fingers and the house will clean itself!
7. Instant chef powers. A delicious gourmet meal will be in the kitchen every evening right around 5:30! And of course not only will the adults love it, but the kids will eat it, too. Now that’s a super power!
6. Multitasking. I’d truly be able to multitask. I say I can do it, but I really can’t. I can only do one thing at a time to do it well.
5. Super strength. I’d be able to shovel our long, wide driveway in no time at all! Did you hear we’re expecting more snow today in Chicago?
4. X-ray vision. I would be able to see all the rooms in my house from the comfort of the couch and determine who was doing homework and who was getting into trouble! I could also use it at will; no one wants to see their husband in the bathroom. At least I don’t.
3. Instantaneous travel. I would be able to go have lunch with my sisters and be back in time to pick up the kids from school!
2. Giving true comfort. When words just aren’t enough to comfort someone who is grieving or depressed, this super power gives a friend the true feeling of peace.
1. Power of healing. Like Rapunzel’s hair, I would be able to heal the smallest boo-boo and cure the most deadliest diseases. There is one family member I would wish to cure right now; my cousin Mark has cancer and is always in my prayers.
What super power would you choose?