Perfect days don’t happen very often, if at all. What would it take to make a perfect day?
10. My perfect day would start by waking up with my husband next to me. On a normal morning, he leaves the house by 6 and I’m usually still in bed. Most mornings I don’t even see Ed! We’d start the day with a bottomless pot of coffee. Strong, black, wakes me up and yet doesn’t give me the jitters. The sun would be streaming into our kitchen and we could enjoy our coffee and the newspaper on the patio.
9. The kids would sleep in really late and not get up at 6:00 like they do now.
8. I would NOT get breakfast in bed. If you ever saw my breakfast in bed on my birthday and Mother’s Day, you would understand why. Breakfast in bed is such a sweet gesture by my children, but it’s so impractical and usually involves dry toast.
7. I would NOT have to pack school lunches. This is important. I’m sick of packing lunches!
6. I would have time to read a book. All. by. myself.
5. My perfect day would be filled creating wonderful things; I would be able to finish my quilt; write my book; paint my bathroom…and all my projects would get finished!
4. I would have my favorite lunch (I’m not sure what that would be, but it would be really fabulous and made by someone else) and the someone that made my lunch would also wash the dishes.
3. Have you noticed that my perfect day seems to be at my own house doing my own things? Of course, the perfect day would also be a fun-filled day with my family, having an outdoor adventure similar to our Grand Canyon adventure or our Alaskan adventure.
2. A perfect day also includes 3 square meals, so a steak dinner like the one my husband and I had at Fleming’s would not be out of order.
1. I’d end the perfect day the way I began it; with my husband next to me.
What would make your day perfect?
This perfect day may also fit the description of a Tall Tale! We’re spinning Tall Tales on the Spin Cycle this week; write a tall tale of your own and link it up any day this week to the Spin Cycle, co-hosted by Gretchen and myself! Click here for details.